Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Desert Willow Golf Club

This morning we drove over to the Lakeview Terrace Restaurant at the Desert Willow Golf Club.  The weather has much improved and we enjoyed an excellent breakfast on the terrace. image
After breakfast I took some photos from the parking lot of the snow on the mountain tops, left behind by yesterday’s storm .
breakfast
snow
I programed into the GPS six or so RV resorts in the area to go check out and compare with were we are now in the Emerald Desert Resort.  Well nothing compares. This is just a example of the kind of sites we saw.
 TypSite2TypSite1









We happened to drive by and stop at the Coachella Valley Visitor Center.  The center was closed, contrary to the signs, so we really didn’t know what was there.  The area was very rustic and there were several trails leading in various directions. We walked down one which led through a palm forest.  Some of the trail was over wooden trestle which ran over a swampy area created by spring run off.
DebPalm
We came upon some quail busy eating.  First time I’ve I seen quail that they haven’t been a blur.
Quail
Meanwhile, back at our ‘home’ Debbie is checking out a can of high-end oak chips (after all we’re in Palm Springs) for the Weber.
EmeraldSite
This evening I BBQ’d a couple of steaks.  I wanted to get a picture of them because they were so beautiful but I guess I got hungry and I ate ‘em before I got a picture.

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States