Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Shoes for Horizon

Last week I called to order tires for the Horizon. Due to the size they have to be special ordered. At that time Allen gave me a price of $571 each. He said it was a P1010991show special for the FMCA rally which had just concluded. That sounded like a good price since discussions on the net were about how much tire prices had gone up due to the raise in oil costs and indicated a price of $600 to $650. Last year they were $540 so I was real happy at only a $30 dollar raise.

When we arrived at Les Schwab, Terry, who I dealt with last year, wrote up the work order with a price of $601 each. He didn’t know about a show price. Finally got a hold of Allen and he fixed the price to reflect the original quote. Whew!!

They said the job should be competed around 11am so we had a few hours to kill. I had the first time killer idea and we went across the street to the Sweetwater restaurant and had breakfast. Debbie had the next idea. I would sit in the car and read while she….

P1010992-1

went into the Goodwill Store. I had read about three books when Les Schwab called and said Horizon was ready to go. I had to go in and pull Debbie out. She made a major find, a six place setting of dishes just right for the 5th wheel and only $14! Guess I should be more supportive. She probably saved us a hundred dollars or more. Photos pending.

We returned to Les Schwab and while I connected the Jeep up and replaced the pressure sensors on the new tires, Debbie went into the office to pay the bill. When she returned, she said they gave us $50 each for two of the old tires as a trade in. Wow am I happy!

We left the store and headed north. Destination Kelso, WA and the Brookhollow RV park, about three hours in the RV. We’ve stayed there several times before and I like the park, it has a nice layout and space between sites. Debbie is not so enamored but humors me.

More about the park next time.

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States