Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Grill and a Coyote

Yesterday, Monday,  we got an early start looking for some inexpensive furniture for the 5th wheel. It has to go through a 28 inch door which limits the size considerably.  We also were checking out bbq grills. We found a couch and a couple of recliners at the first stop. At the high end of our budget. Also looked at Webber grills and they were way past the end of our budget. We looked at just about every store that carried furniture or grills. We are tentatively looking at two small upholstered chairs at WalMart and a patio set at Fred Meyers that included a sofa, two chairs and a coffee table that is on sale and the right size.

Monday evening we had Lloyd over for dinner. He just arrived Sunday. Also had Jim and Helene over. BBQ’d ball tips from Kinder’s meat and they were great and we enjoyed a nice visit everyone.

The grill was another story. It’s hard to get a good grill for under 600 or 700 dollars. The more I looked and researched the more expensive the grill I wanted.

Today we finally decided on a four burner Master Forge which is a cheap Lowes house brand. We picked it up along with some salmon to try out on it.  I started putting it together. The wheels, base, right side. It was going together well, all the holes lined up and blind nuts made it really easy. Told Debbie some of the other grill reviews I had read required re-drilling some holes which didn’t line up. I was feeling really happy with my purchase and started to put the left side of the base on. It was a little confusing and I couldn’t quite get it turned right so it fit as it was supposed to. Still confused I studied the assembly directions and drawing. I then discovered I had two right sides and no left side. The sides of the base are about a foot and a half wide and two feet tall made of stainless steal.  Had to make another trip back to Lowe’s. They wanted me to bring the grill back to exchange but convinced them just to exchange sides, I was at the point of assembly that the grill wouldn’t had fit back into the car.  Didn’t have any trouble, they opened up another unit and pulled out the left side for me.

I finally finished putting it together and started grilling around eight o’clock. Portabella mushrooms, salmon, and sweet onion slices. Really happy with the results.

Still waiting for the internet club to sent me a password for the wifi so no pictures again.

Oh, almost forgot tonight's excitement. Ty was outside on his leash connected to a run line while we grilled and ate. Then we were cleaning up and went inside when we remembered we had left Ty outside. When I stepped out of the Horizon I thought I saw “Sammy” a neighbor cat and Ty’s friend walking toward our lot and toward Ty. I quickly recognized “Sammy” wasn’t a cat but a coyote! He turned and left quickly and Ty, the dumb cat, was trying to follow him. Looked like I went out just in time. Whew!

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States