Sunday, February 08, 2009

Correction and Fixing

Correction
I have been informed by my good friend Frank that I was mistaken when I described the machine gun on the pickup truck as a US .50 caliber. He pointed out that the Mexican army has used German weapons since the 19th century. The machine gun was actually the MG3 built under license in Mexico. He also reminded me that I am not a politician and thus can not just make stuff up! Thanks for keeping me honest Frank.

Fixing
Painting Perfection is a body shop that does RV body work and painting in the RV park. I talked to them about repairing the clear coat that is flaking off on the front and rear cap and on the top sides. This is a picture looking down at the top of the front cap. You can see the light areas in the green paint. They will do the job for $400. In the states they estimated around $2,500 to 3,000. Today they sanded down the areas. I don't know how long their job will last


but I have seen them do several different jobs and their paint jobs are first class. Hopefully will have a "after" photo soon.

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States