Sunday, August 02, 2009

Brookhollow RV Park - II

Sunday August 2nd

This morning was a lot cooler as the fog was in and it cleared it turned into a really great day.

We left for town and stopped on the way at Shari's restaurant, similar to the Denny's chain, for breakfast. I tried their special hash browns. They were stuffed with sour cream, cheddar cheese and topped with bacon crumbles and chives.

After breakfast we drove to the opposite side of the freeway from Kelso to Longview. Debbie need some more yarn for socks and we needed to pick up some grocery. As we drove around the city park Debbie spotted a Squirrel bridge over the 5 or 6 lane roadway from the trees around the Library to the park.


As we walked around the park we spotted a squirrel statue. I didn't take time to read the plaque because I realized I left the car unlocked because I didn't realize we were going to be walking so far away.
WalMart didn't have the sock yarn but Fred Myers did so Debbie is back in business. Oh yeah. I almost forgot to give my opinion of the stuffed hash browns. Now I know why no other restaurant had stolen the idea!

We are leaving tomorrow morning for Port Susan and should arrive early afternoon if Fleet Week being over makes any difference.

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States