Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Anacortes, WA

Saturday, August 8th

Today (see date above) we went up to Anacortes, WA to their annual Craft Fair. Anacortes is homeport to the San Juan Islands ferries and just a short drive away from Whidbey Island.

Debbie and I drove up and planned to hookup with Rich, LesAnn and Martha who were driving up on their own. After finding a parking place just a block from the action we called and found Rich and group had also just found parking but they were some distance away, so Debbie and I decided to start exploring the fair and join up with them later.

We had just covered about a block of the Craft Fair when, by chance, we ran into them and another half dozen friends from Port Susan.


This pig was part of the art on sale at the fair. I didn't notice the person's finger in the the pig's butt at the time and I'm not sure why his finger was in there or what was back there!

Down one of the side streets we noticed a brewing supply company. It caught our eye because our youngest is employed back home by a brewing supply company.

Shortly after noon everybody met at the Brown Lantern Ale House for lunch. I thought it would be impossible to get a table for everybody considering the crowd. We arrived after everybody else and found they were all sitting together at two tables next to each other and there was room for Debbie and I. Amazing as the place was packed as I had anticipated.

I had a pulled-pork sandwich that was so big I had to smash it down to take a bite. It was delicious! The service was also great. I highly recommend this restaurant if you are ever in Anacortes, WA.

Of coarse outside of the fair area Debbie found, what she described as "the best fabric store". While I was waiting I notice this person leaning back against the wall with a dog on a leash. Here's another shot. No really it's a guy! Really!

Inside the "best fabric shop!"

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States