Monday, January 12, 2009

Solvang

This morning we headed a few miles over to Sovang, a Danish replica village. Our first stop though was a quilt store. It must have been a good store because Debbie came back to the car with a big bag of material.

Fabric and Quilt Store

Fortune was with us because when we arrived in Solvang we found a parking place right away, centrally located and in the shade! That may not sound like a big deal but the tourists were out in droves and although it's only around 74 degrees the car gets pretty hot in the sun.

Solvang

After walking all over the village, we stopped for lunch at the Red Viking. We both had their Danish smorgasbord. I even tried the pickled herring! Not so bad but I didn't go back for seconds.
We had a nice leisurely lunch, window shopped some more and decided to return to the rig for a nap. On the way back I notice a unique town clock and grabbed a picture. Although it's not a steam clock it was interesting.

Solvang Town Clock

This morning we are heading to Emerald Desert RV in Palm Desert if we're not stuck in the mud here. Last night I washed the windows and decided to fill the water tank. I turned on the fill and because it fills slowly I started doing other things. Then I walked the garbage to the dumpster and took Ty along. Ty wanted to do some exploring so I went with him. I was just after nightfall and very quite. I kept hearing water quietly making a babbling sound and surmised it was the underground system watering the lawn. On our way back I realized the water I was hearing was my water tank over flowing. The site is crushed rock with lawn on each side and its now muddy crushed rock. Maybe frozen this morning!


No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States