Sunday, September 13, 2009

Broken Sewing Machine

Debbie broke her sewing machine right in the middle of a quilt. Being mechanical I took a look but the sewing machine as it turned out is as mysterious as is quilting. Of course these things always happen on a Sunday. Can you say football? I found a repair shop nearby in Everett and promised to transport broken machine and it’s pouting operator to the shop first thing Monday morning. In the meantime I called expecting to get a recording telling me when they open. Imagine my surprise when a person answered the phone and advised they would be open for another hour and a half!

Here we are just 30 minutes or so later at the repair shop.

123 SepBlog

For some reason I ended up in the shop with Debbie, oh I remember I had to carry the one ton machine in. They told her a week to repair. Oh no! Not a week without a sewing machine and she’s in the middle of a project! Debbie didn’t think they would, but I asked anyway, if they had a loaner she could use. Much to her surprise they gave us one! She’s back in business and not in my business!

On the way back to the car she spotted a fabric store. I didn’t follow.

122 SepBlog

The cat and I waited in the car.

124 SepBlog

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States