Monday, October 12, 2009

Digital TV

In our location we are able to receive several digital TV channels including NBC and CBS. But the FOX network experiences very irritating glitches that come and go. Probably caused somehow by the liberals up here in Washington. The FOX channel is very important because it carries the Seattle Seahawk’s football games.

I had read about a Wingard accessory which attaches to the existing antenna and improves the digital signal. I thought it would be worth a try so we drove up to the Camping World in Burlington and picked one up. When we returned back to camp I opened the box and found it was a return and the plastic bag containing the special locking screws was torn open and one of the screws was missing. Damm! Back to Camping World. No problem with the exchange and also received an apology. This time I opened the box and looked in. I should have pulled everything out because when I got back to camp I discovered this unit had also been a return. At least all the parts were present this time, but with two return units I began to wonder why. Maybe this add-on doesn't work!

Since the units were being returned I wonder if they might not work that well. I decided to find out for my self and when ahead and installed it to the existing Wingard antenna on the roof of the Motorhome. It’s the post with two small wings and the box on the bottom.

105 SepBlog

It actually did improve the signal. Fox now comes in fine and other problem channels come in better also.

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States