Wednesday, December 17, 2008

More or Less Weekly

It has turned out that the frequency of "Blogging" has decreased since Deb and I have arrived home. As I think about it, my days are filled with things familiar to me and not interesting enough to photograph or write about. But I realized that this is not the case for our friends and relatives who may be located in other parts of the US. So I am going to continue to update at least once a week with whats going on in my mundane life. After the first of the year we will leave for North Carolina on a southern route which will make our arrival in NC around mid-March.Then I will try to update every day or so. Now for a quick week, or so, in review.


I mentioned earlier that we both were anxious to visit Country Waffles for their Eggs Benedict special. I didn't mention that I also was looking forward to a Prime Rib sandwich at Barney's on Clayton Road. They have it on special just about every Thursday and Friday for lunch and I am addicted! On Thursday I rushed to Barney's to meet with Frank and Rob, a couple of friends, and take a photo to the Prime Rib. Figures. No Prime Rib and no Rob either. Rob is still working and had a workstation emergency. I had a salad and Frank and I caught up on the worlds woes. I am going to try again tomorrow.


Ty and I went with Debbie to her Office and waited for her to do her office thing. Ty wanted to get out and walk. He really likes to walk on the top of fences. So he was walking on a fence above the pool when he met a friend. His friend the Blue Jay kept flying back and forth from the fence post to a near by branch in the tree. Ty just watched with fascination waiting for him to land a little bit closer. He stayed entertained until Debbie was ready to go. The Jay wasn't that friendly after all, and never landed "just a little bit closer".

On the weekend we went over to Stacy and Blake's for a visit. The weather was; occasional clouds and cold. I guess cold is relative. In Port Susan where we were staying it has currently dipped into the teens at night. In Alameda it was a toasty 58 degrees. I brought our bikes for a ride and it felt pretty warm in the sun so Debbie and I left our coats and mittens behind. Big mistake. We discovered that when the clouds cover the sun it isn't as warm. Burrrr.




Good thing we had sweaters! We thawed out some when we stopped for lunch at Chipotle, a subsidiary of McDonald's. The burritos were ok and it was Warm inside. Reluctantly, I ate as slow as possible, we had to go back out into the cold to finish the last half of our ride.

Well I have a lot more so this will have to be continued.

No comments:

About Us

The Normans are Debbie, Jim and Ty the cat. The Horizon is our Itasca Horizon Motorhome. We spend the summers in cool northern Washington and travel through the warm south during the winter. We spend time in the spring and fall at our home in northern California as we pass by by.

Visited States

Visited States